Here is an example:
- Installation details
- Special bracket needed
- Antenna related information (internet, external, model...)
- PoE budget information
- Service loop required
In our case we focused on the antenna(s). So we wanted to auto populate the value of three tags that we created:
antenna-type would be set to "internal" or "external" depending on the type of antenna used.
antenna-vendor would be set to the antenna vendor (for external antenna only).
antenna-name would be set to the model of antenna (for external antenna only).
That's how the following script was born: https://github.com/francoisverges/semfio-ekahau/blob/master/tag-antenna/tag-antenna.py
The script will create a modified copy of your esx project and leave the original unchanged. However, we recommend running the script against a copy of the original esx project file.
This script will only works if you create the tags within your project before running the script. The easier to do this is to create the three tags on an AP that has external antennas. The three tags to create are: "antenna-name", "antenna-type", and "antenna-vendor".
Note: we might update it in the future. So make sure to also check the GitHub repository to see the latest version available: https://github.com/francoisverges/semfio-ekahau
Links & Resources
- Source Code on Github: https://github.com/francoisverges/semfio-ekahau/tree/master/tag-antenna
- Other Ekahau related scripts on Github: https://github.com/francoisverges/semfio-ekahau
- Github Wiki: https://github.com/francoisverges/semfio-ekahau/wiki/How-to-use-%22Antenna-Tag%22
- Ekahau 10.2 release notes: https://www.ekahau.com/blog/pro-10-2-release-notes/
- Haydn Andrews' blog: thewlan.com.au